Thursday, July 6, 2017

Color Pencils and Mason Jar Bouquet Flowers

Hello it's Gracie Chavez from Graciellie Design. Coloring mediums have been all I've thought about this year, from Zig markers to watercolors... But today I'm trying out Prismacolor pencils for the first time! It is a different medium, slower to begin with, but it is -oh so totally- worth it!



I decided to use Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Mason Jar Bouquet flowers to try out my Prismacolors for the first time. I didn't use any solution to blend the colors, I simple did it the classic way... Layering. Layering requires patience and if you have some form of arthritis you'll feel uncomforable at some point but if you don't press the pencil too hard, apply the color with small circular strokes you will achieve a neat transition.

The flowers turned out so delicate and pretty that I decided to create a very intricate lace card base for them using Anna Griffin's Elegant Embellishments 2 cartridge on my new Cricut Explore Air 2. This card has so many delicate layers and it makes the images look even more classic and elegant. I decided to add a sentiment from my clear stamp set Floral Greetings released by Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps early this year. And I think nothing says classic like ribbon so I tied a matching pink bow around the card front and embellished it with a gold button.  



If you want to take a closer look at these stamps visit SNSS shop here. There are many, many more beautiful stamp sets to choose from and even 2 more clear stamp sets I designed myself. That is all for now. I hope you give this coloring medium a try one of these days too! Until next time.


2 comments:

gretchenhs said...

This card is so beautiful. I hadn't seen this stamp set yet and now I want it of course. I love the color combo you did as well as the great blending. The whole card is so beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Graciellie. The coloring is so pretty and I love the elegant die-cut background.