Monday, February 6, 2017

Mixed Media Inspiration with Lotus Flower

It's Gracie Chavez from Graciellie Design and it's an honor to share on the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps blog for the first time! Today I bring you some mixed media inspiration using the beautiful Lotus Flower stamp. 


The Lotus Flower was actually digitally stamped. (It is also available as a clear stamp and is currently on SALE here!) I printed the image on a laser printer and foiled it using a laminator with a beautiful Amber Watercolor foil transfer sheet. Once the image is foiled it will allow you to play with resist techniques since it works just as an embossing powder would. I went ahead and painted the flowers with pigment inks, picking up the inks with a waterbrush. After the ink dried I added a few accents to the petals using pink tones of Pan Pastel, applying it directly with my fingers. To soften and add a subtle shimmer to the images I applied a tad bit of Metallic Silver Pan Pastel too.


To make the flowers stand out I fussy cut them and adhered them to a very textured background. It may not show as much but there's a stenciled clear embossing paste pattern to which I added iredescent glitter behind the flowers. Additional texture on the corners of the card was created with drywall joint tape, which I also colored with some Pan Pastel. I added depth to the background with a few splashes of Ink Spray. Finishing touches include foil washi tape and rhinestones, a die cut piece, ribbon and paper twine!

I hope you enjoyed today's post! This and many other sets including a background stamp I designed for Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps are on sale now (50% off)! Do stop by the shop and grab your favorites... Sale will be up while supplies last and these sets will be gone for good!


1 comment:

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a lovely card. The pink/purple hues are so pretty! Great background too.