Monday, August 10, 2015

Lovely Lotus Candle Tutorial~

Good morning Sweet'nSassy friends! Mary here revisiting one of my early favourites in my stamping history. I love to give gifts and this is a thoughtful, quick and easy gift. Let's get started...
You will need: Pillar candle (any size), white tissue paper, stamps, ink, colouring medium (I used coloured pencils), wax paper, heat tool, embellishments
Top left: stamp your image on tissue paper. 
Top right: colour with your choice of medium (I used prismacoloured pencils) Bottom left: closely cut out image using scissors
Bottom right: lay trimmed piece over the candle to desired position.
Pull off enough wax paper to wrap around candle. With one hand, hold taut so the stamped image doesn't shift and begin heating with your tool. You will see the wax "liquify" over the area you heat. In other words, you are sealing the tissue paper into the wax of the candle. Carefully, peel off the wax paper off the candle and be sure all portions of tissue has melded into the pillar.
It should look like this...
Voila! You are finished. Embellish as desired. For my Candle, I created a tag from SNSS Decorative Plaques die set, and wrapped matching twine around the candle. I stamped the sentiment on the oval tag and sponged the layered piece with Rangers ink. 
http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1800/d6aaa/products/1269/images/3821/SNS_14_028LovelyLotus__28378.1437139964.1280.1280.png?c=2  http://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server1800/d6aaa/products/1233/images/3678/SNSD_16DecorativePlaques__66828.1420766587.1280.1280.png?c=2

1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Your candle is gorgeous, Mary! Now I must go make one of these! LOL!