Saturday, June 6, 2015

One for the girls...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a card for the girls. Yesterday we had a blog hop for the boys, so it's time for something more feminine. 

I've been making water color backgrounds, but sometimes they don't turn out that well... I have a pile of backgrounds and I found the perfect way to hide those imperfections and use up my scrap pile. Stamping the big flourish image from Leafy Flourish Background & More clear stamp set will give you a beautiful background. 



I didn't want to cover up all the pretty flourishes, so I just added a strip with the greeting (Be Encouraged clear stamp set). Easy to make, but looks nice. My background also had some white circles that did not really show up on the water color background, but by stamping the image with Onyx Black VersaFine, the circles show up lightly.



Thanks for stopping by,
Monika




2 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

What a beautiful background, Monika, and I can see the white circles! Just one of my favorite stamp sets with these long encouraging sentiments and passages of Scripture! Thanks for sharing this card today! Hugs!

Cathymac said...

What a fabulous tip and a beautiful card, Monika! Hugs!