Monday, May 4, 2015

sewn with prayer

Hello Sweet 'n Sassy friends!
 
It's Tutorial Monday and today I am sharing a Faux Quilt Card.  Our favorite little mouse, Cocoa, in the Sew Happy Cocoa set was perfect to add.  The sentiment is from Prayerful Thoughts.


To make my faux quilt background, I cut several pieces of patterned paper into 1" squares.  Then I applied adhesive (I used a tape runner but a Xyron would be great too) until I completely covered a scrap piece of white cardstock cut to the size I wanted for my background.  Mine was 4" x 5 1/4".
 
Next I adhered the patterned squares in random order, on the diagonal.  Then trim off the extra paper that hangs over the edges.  When completely covered it looks like this...
 

Now select an embossing folder that might look like a stitch pattern on a quilt.  I chose to use this Lattice Circles folder.


Emboss your patterned paper background and your Faux Quilt is done.


Add this to your card base and finish as desired.  Here's a close up of Cocoa Mouse.


And the finished card...


Thanks for visiting us!  The stamps I used on my Faux Quilt card are below.
 
♥  Diane



 

5 comments:

Bernadette said...

This is wonderful, Diane! Thank you!

Donna Whitten said...

I love your sweet card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Beckie Williams said...

Awesome job!!

Cathymac said...

Fabulous tutorial, Diane! I love the quilted look! Hugs!

Ceal said...

Love this Idea! thanks Diane :)