Thursday, May 14, 2015

Majestic Monarch

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a birthday card. I've been missing my sweet butterflies (especially after seeing Cathy's beautiful card from yesterday), so I decided to use one on today's card. 

What a different look from Cathy's colorful card, don't you think? 


I started out with making the water color background. I swiped my ink pad on my craft sheet, spritzed it with water, and placed a piece of water color card stock over it, then lifted the card stock up immediately. To speed up the drying time, I used my Heat Tool. 
Next I die-cut a butterfly out of the background so the black base would show through. 
The sweet butterfly was stamped with VersaMark ink from Majestic Monarchs clear stamp set on Vellum, heat embossed with white embossing powder, then die-cut with the coordinating die from Monarch die set


The sketch came from Freshly Made Sketches #186.

I hope I inspired you to make something today. 

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika



2 comments:

stampingbowd said...

Beautiful! I love the bg technique you used on this and the butterfly is gorgeous on vellum!

Cathymac said...

Love the soft colors, Monika! As always your use of vellum is fabulous!