Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Blessings To You

{jane bosi}  Happy Tuesday, Sweet Friends!  I've been experimenting quite a bit lately with different coloring mediums and techniques to achieve interesting backgrounds.  Today's card started out as an experiment with alcohol inks and my non-stick craft sheet.

By combining several different colors and adding a blending solution, I was able to "dip" my coated card stock right into the color and create my background.  I was pretty generous with my blending solution so the colors pooled and then dripped down the card stock. 

My card also features several Lotus flowers that are colored with distress markers.  I wanted a rich color saturation to make the flowers pop off the more pastel background.  My sentiment comes from the Flower Blocks 1 stamp set and can be used for just about any occassion!

Thanks for stopping by.....I sure hope your day is inky!  Don't forget to be awesome!  TTFN, Jane



3 comments:

Cathymac said...

Ooooooh…love the fabulous background, Jane! Thanks for the tip! Your card is gorgeous!

Bridget said...

This is gorgeous, I love the background and the fabulous colors of the flowers!

Jean Bullock said...

The black lines and matting and the coloring that you did reminds me of Tiffany stained glass. Beautiful job.