Thursday, April 2, 2015

You're Only...

Hi friends!  Kim here today to share a card featuring the Sassy Cindy stamp set. I think I could be good friends with Cindy...I like her spunk and her one liners are hysterical!  Seriously, only as old as that Facebook photo, which you know is the best one I could find! LOL!

For this card, I used a whole lotta layers, patterns, and textures. When I work with a smaller image, I tend to either like to keep things very clean and simple, or add lots of goodies.  This week, it was lots!  

When I started, I knew that I wanted to frame Cindy, so she didn't appear to just be floating on the card.  The frame keeps her grounded...and this looks like a nice window.  I created the window by using one of the largest dies from the Decorative Plaques set.  Once the shape was cut, I kept the die in place and used an Exact-o knife to cut out the middle, using the die as a guide.  (The dies also have a coordinating stamp set, Decorative Frames.  I did use the stamp with the die.)

Once Cindy was colored, with pencils, I simply cut my cardstock to fit behind the window.  The entire window was attached with foam tape.  The sentiment fits perfectly into one of the Speech Bubbles dies (oh man, I LOVE these dies), and I just added a few mini peals as accents.

I hope you enjoyed today's card!  And, remember, don't update that photo if you don't have to...LOL!

3 comments:

Beth H. said...

This is the cutest sentiment! Love the coloring, layering, and embilishments!

Cathymac said...

Love the vintage look, Kim...and the fun sentiment!

diane zechman said...

Love this, Kim! She looks great!