Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Birthday Dots


Hello, it's Bridget here to share with you a birthday card 
made using the newly released Lots of Spots!
I've come to love the color combo of teal and blush pink and I used a 
Ranger Distress Ink Blending tool to sponge the card base 
with Stampin Up's Pool Party and Blushing Bride ink.  
The dots are stamped with white embossing ink in a random 
pattern across the bottom right corner.  
I then cut some circles from vellum and sponged a few
 with the same ink colours, layering them in a random 
way to create some dimension.  The sentiment is also 
from Lots of Spots, I like how the various words can be
 be mixed and matched.  I've become a fan of embossing 
with white on vellum recently, I think Monika's 
beautiful creations have influenced me!
I added some sequins to finish because they seemed to play 
along with the circles/dots theme.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!

5 comments:

Janeen said...

Bridget, this is such a fabulous card. Your v ellum dots caught my eye immediately.

Cynthia said...

Super fun design, Bridget. Love the colors, dots and sequins!

Nanasniftynitch said...

What a cool looking card! Thanks for explaining it too.
Nana April

Mary-Anne V said...

wow just love the effect you created on this card esp. with the vellum.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fun, fun, fun! What a great design Bridget. Love it!