Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Love and Hugs


Hello everyone! Today I want to show you a sweet winter card that I made with ‘For the Birds’ and ‘Cocoa sends love’. The set with Cocoa has amazing greetings and it’s a great match with a lot of sets.

I stamped the bird on watercolor paper and colored it with my watercolor markers and a waterbrush. I have a (watercolor) paper pad with several gold and white foiled designs on it so I made a matching backgrounds with the same colors that I used for the scarf and hat from the bird. You could stamp your own background with embossing powder and create the same effect. I love that I can create a matching background really quick this way. You only have to wait patiently while it dries ;). The background was a little bit too bright for the bird so you couldn’t see it when I placed it directly on top of it. I decided to add a piece of vellum behind the bird to tone down the background. I die-cut a rectangle with a stiched border out of the vellum and stamped the sentiment ‘love & hugs’ on it. added a clear drying glue behind the borders of the vellum and a little bit behind the bird where you wouldn’t see it at all. I finished the card with a couple of pearl drops.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/cocoa-sends-love-clear-stamp-set/#

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/for-the-birds-clear-stamp-set/
I hope I inspired you to start creating today!

- Lucinde - Lucilight

No comments: