Wednesday, June 21, 2017

With Thoughts and Prayers


Hello crafty friends! Kim here with you today sharing a card I created using the beautiful Mason Jar Bouquet stamp set. Isn't this image divine?! It's a great line image for coloring with you favorite coloring medium.

My background started with Distress Inks and a stencil. I inked the background using a blending tool and Distress Inks, laid a stencil on top of the inked background, and spritzed the stencil with water. Because Distress Inks react with water, the stencil design appeared. You can use a heat tool to dry the paper.

Next, I stamped the image on watercolor paper, using Archival Ink, and colored the flowers with more Distress Inks. Just smoosh some of the ink onto a non-stick craft sheet or acrylic block and use a water brush to pick up and apply the color. 

After my coloring was complete, I used a script background stamp to very lightly stamp on the edges of the vase and flowers, and then aged the edges of the paper using more Distress Ink (Vintage Photo).

I mounted my floral piece on to a piece of gold embossed paper (just emboss the edges of cardstock since the middle won't be seen), and finished with a black embossed sentiment, which was stamped on vellum.

I hope you enjoyed today's card! Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Donna W said...

Love your pretty card! Thanks for sharing.

Stampin_melissa said...

This is gorgeous, so very gorgeous!