Wednesday, November 5, 2014

give thanks

Hello friends!  Where has the year gone?  Thanksgiving will  soon be upon us so today I have a super simple project to dress up your holiday table and help put the emphasis on giving thanks.

I created a super simple Silverware Pocket that would look great at each place setting.  (Or they would look cute to fill them up and place them all in a basket if you have a large family gathering and serve the food buffet style.)


I didn’t add the napkin behind the utensils so I could get a photo of the scored back but you can easily slip a napkin in there too and they’d be good to go!  Directions are here on my blog for creating this fun and easy pocket.  I used Season of Change, So Grateful, and Grunge Borders stamp sets, and the Season of Change Leaf dies and Bookmarks & More dies.

I also have a CAS Christmas card to share today if you like to get ahead on making your Christmas cards!  I used some Sweet 'n Sassy stamps along with silver and gold cardstock, plus gold embossing powder to make this sparkly and shimmery holiday greeting.



The gold embossed snowflakes are from the Spectacular Snowflakes stamp set.  The sentiment is from Mod Ornaments and was embossed with white e.p.  The little scallop border was diecut with a die from the SNSS Bookmarks and More set of dies.

I hope today's projects will inspire you to get started on your holiday creations!
♥ Diane


1 comment:

Cathymac said...

Your silverware holder is such a great idea for dressing up the Thanksgiving table, Diane! Love the sparkly Christmas card, too! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs!