Monday, August 4, 2014

Window on Fall

Hello Everyone!

I am back from Colorado, from visiting fellow team member, Ceal, and I am thinking cool weather!  After all, it was snowing on August 1st at the top of the mountain we were on!   Yes, real snow! 
Summer vacation is just about over as well.  [sigh].  With these things in mind, I created a fall scene, using a few Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps supplies. 


 I could use the Love Birds Stamp Set on just about every card.  I love the versatility of the branch.  For this card, I colored my branch and leaves with Copics.  Instead of using the matching die to cut out the image, I did some fussy cutting, as I wanted to cut off some of the leaves from the branches to allow them to rest on the window sill.  
I wanted the look of a cool fall day, but with the warmth of home.  Faux barn wood  was made using the direct to paper technique with various shades of red and white ink.  The 'boards' were cut to about 5/8" wide from this inked cs and then mounted to some brown cs. 
I added a window die cut to the barn boards and put a sweet kittie from the LOL Cats set sitting in the window.  The fussy cut branches and leaves were then adhered; a couple of the branches are popped up on dimensionals.  I love the new Tall Grass Die for embellishing and it works perfectly here as ornamental grass outside the window. 
The sentiment from the Happy Home Stamp Set further adds the warmth I was wanting on this card. 

Thanks so much for stopping by;  I hope I have inspired you to think 'fall'!  

Hugs!

Lee Ann  :)


1 comment:

Cathymac said...

This is just adorable, Lee Ann! What a fabulous mix of stamp sets you used to create your darling fall window scene!