Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Be not afraid...

Hello! It's Monika here today, bringing you a butterfly card. I hadn't made one for a while now so I had to clench my thirst. 
The inspiration came from yesterday's CAS challenge (CAS284) at SplitCoast Stamper. I CASEd this card... 



The butterfly is from Majestic Monarchs clear stamp set, and it was die-cut with the coordinating Monarch Dies. The background was stamped with the wood grain image from Grunge Borders clear stamp set with White Luxe Memento ink... the words are from Be Encouraged clear stamp set

... but wait... while it was a beautiful CAS (Clean and Simple) card, I just had to make it more 'fancy'... so I added some flowers and this and that... 




I die-cut some flowers out of Vellum with the Kindness Flower Dies and stamped the coordinating images from Kindness clear stamp set with VersaMark, then I poured white embossing powder on the flowers and heat embossed them with my heat gun. These flowers gave my card a light and fluffy touch.

Thanks for stopping by,
Monika

4 comments:

LMcBurney said...

Lovely card!

GodsGot19This0&6 said...

I love the butterfly card and then you jazzed it up with bling and flowers and then I really loved your card. I to am a Christian and I live in Colorado. Thank you for what you do....May the Lord bless you and keep you..

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Stunning! Gorgeous use of neutral color, Mpnika.

Gloria Stengel said...

Love the kraft, the background, and the butterfly, but I am overwhelmed by those flowers!! Love this so much!